Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sex, Art, Disability

I am doing an Anthropology Special Study on women with disabilities (all kinds) and their self-perception vs. society's perception of them. In interviewing several women, I realized their tremendous strength, courage, inner and outer beauty and I wanted to help them communicate this to the masses in challenging them to pose for the Sexhibition art show or to partake in the nude fashion show.

I am posing for the pictures myself, and I am looking forward to the experience. I have found Sexhibition to be an event that is free of hostility and prejudice and I truly believe the inclusion of women with disabilities in the show will help create more tolerance and understanding towards differently-abled women on campus.

I am still looking for women to interview and invite to pose nude in the show, so if anyone pops into your mind, please let them contact me.

Fatoumata Soumare
fsoumare@smith.edu
413-585-6615

No comments: